Friday, January 1, 2016

Christmas in Germany and PHOTOS!

Christmas Market in Braunschweig at night
December 28, 2015

Christmas Martket in Braunschweig during the day
Well I sure enjoyed skyping with all of you on Christmas, too. It was a good time. I heard your little comment about the better emails and I might think about it. Maybe.

I opened my presents on Christmas Eve and that was good. I enjoyed the See's candy that you sent as well!! It was a little taste of home for me. I do not have a lot to say today. I did get another tie from the second day of Christmas from a member, too.

That is really weird about the whole Christmas shindig (mom note: Elder Fisher is discussing how we normally open presents at 6 am but this year we waited until after his Skyped call and breakfast before we started). I am not sure how I feel about opening presents so late and I am sure Lindsay Anne was going crazy waiting to open the gifts too!
The largest VW factory--Elder Fisher loves cars
so he probably loves this!

My companion worked doing HVAC before going on his mission and graduated high school.
I like the area and I am completely okay not having any leadership position because that means I have more time to just work and focus on my area and not have to worry about all the elders in a district or a zone. I like it I can just focus on one thing at a time.  We are looking for more service activities to do but as of right now we do not have set service activities during the week.

I also feel like I am growing in my ability to cook as well because I am sick of eating bratwurst and spaghetti so we are experimenting with different things and they are turning out really good I think.

I also went to look at suits today for fun and I realized that suits are really expensive and I do not want to pay for a lot of those down the road.

Scripture of the week: Mark 2:16-17 "And when the scribes and Pharisees saw him eat with publicans and sinners, they said unto his disciples, How is it that he eateth and drinketh with publicans and sinners? When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."

Quote of the week:  "I received a letter from a man that says I talk too much in conference about the Word of Wisdom. That sounds like a man that needs to hear more about the Word of Wisdom, so that will be the topic which I will address to you tonight."-President Heber J. Grant

a group of colorful houses
a Christmas tie!!
Well, that is about all that I have for this week seeing how we just talked three days ago. I will send you pictures today to make up for the lack of pictures in the last month or so. I love you and hope you have a great week and have fun bringing in the New Year New York time! Happy New Year!

Love

Elder Spencer Fisher

No comments:

Post a Comment