Saturday, January 9, 2016

Busy in Bruanschweig and SNOW!!

**We usually get 2 e-mail letters each week from Elder Fisher and they get combined into one letter--but this week we only received 1 on Monday and the other came on Tuesday...and the letters will explain why.
January 4, 2016

(to mom)

Elder Fisher in front of the church building
in the snow
Thank you for the pictures I enjoyed them all a lot. I really liked the picture of Z & N on Abbey Road.  Sounds like you had a fun week and that you had a jam packed week, too.

Most people are back from Christmas break but it just snowed recently so it has slowed the work down a little bit.
This past Sunday a lot of members bore their testimonies and it was really good--I would probably say that I had one of the best Sundays on my mission yesterday.  I think we have a few activities in the Braunschweig ward but I have only been here for 5 weeks so I cannot really say right now.
Yes, we are able to visit the VW factory on Pdays and I am planning on doing it because I think that it will be a really cool experience.

This past week we meet a few less actives that are willing to meet with us and we are excited to start working with these people and help the ward have more success.

Our district meets weekly unless there is another missionary meeting. As a district we try to help each other think of different ways to help the other program succeed and really just encourage each other.

That is really all that I have for this week, I love you and I hope everything goes good with you guys this week and that you will have lots of fun doing the different routines.
Love,
Elder Spencer Fisher

January 5, 2016

(to dad)

Elder Fisher captioned this picture "more snow"
Sorry I didn’t email you yesterday but as soon as I sent my email to mom the wi-fi went out at the church so we got permission to email today because we only got like half an hour of email time yesterday.

We have had nothing but snow for the past 3 days!!!! It is really cool but also it makes the work here a little more interesting too. As I send this email it feels like 10 degrees Fahrenheit outside. But I love it except for the feet get cold at times.

We do not have any time changes for the church times because our ward just starts at 9:30 every Sunday and we do not share the building with another ward.

Scripture of the week: Alma 3:8 "For thus saith the scripture: Choose ye this day, whom ye will serve."

Quote of the week "We were having a terrible time having baptisms in our ward. They were very low, and we realized that the Lord would not bless us with new converts until we took care of the people in our ward that we already had." Bishop Kelly (Work of Salvation broadcast)

I hope that you have a good week and hope that you stay dry too and it doesn’t get to cold for you down there.


Love you and hope that you have a great week.

Elder Spencer Fisher

No comments:

Post a Comment