Saturday, January 16, 2016

One Year in the Mission Field.

January 11, 2016

Well, all the snow has melted away already and has warmed up a little bit but it still is colder than the California winters that I am used to. 

I am a year out this Thursday (January 14th) but I am not quite sure if it feels like it though. Anyways, I am excited for this second year but at times if feels like everything is going really slow but at the same time everything goes by really fast. I also feel like a missionary needs a three year mission just to get enough work done with the language and everything too.

I think I have met all of the active members in my area now but if I know all of their names or not is another question. And we are trying to work a lot more with less actives. We met 2 less active families this week and both of them have like traveled the world so it was really cool finding out what other people do for hobbies.

We have a ward choir but we do not sing in it because there are enough people in the ward to make the choir without us so we just go and do missionary work. The primary is pretty big, I think, maybe about 20 kids and the youth (Aaronic Priesthood-Young Women) is the biggest I have seen here and has about 8-10 people in it.

Scripture for the week Alma 26:11-12: "But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God. Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.”

Quote of the week "We have the gospel so the glass is not half full but completely full" (member of the ward here)

I hope that you have a great week and that you have a wonderful week and know that I love you.

Love,

Elder Spencer Fisher

Each dot represents one day of Elder Fisher's mission--
This was captured in a screen shot on January 14, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment