Thursday, December 24, 2015

Christmas Box and Skype for Christmas

December 21, 2015

   My companion [Elder Gunther] is good, the work is getting better.  We usually do the meals together so it is really nice. We do not have a car.

   Our apartment is not decorated for Christmas because my companion and I are both Scrooges and enjoy the concept of ‘Bah Hum Bug’. The Christmas season is actually a little bit harder here [for missionary work] because a lot of people here travel for Christmas. I like my companion, he really likes to work, and he likes to work the same that I like to work as well so it is really cool.

   Church this past Sunday was pretty much like a normal Sunday but we sang Christmas songs instead of normal church songs.

   I got my Christmas package Wednesday night (December 16th) and I have not opened the presents yet because it is not Christmas yet!--but I do like the things which I have seen so far (mom note: some items were left unwrapped).

   I have tried the lebkuchen and it is pretty good I think, but I like your homemade cookies better though.

   Scripture for the week is Alma 22:1515 “And it came to pass that after Aaron had expounded these things unto him, the king said: What shall I do that I may have this eternal life of which thou hast spoken? Yea, what shall I do that I may be born of God, having this wicked spirit rooted out of my breast, and receive his Spirit, that I may be filled with joy, that I may not be cast off at the last day? Behold, said he, I will give up all that I possess, yea, I will forsake my kingdom, that I may receive this great joy.”

Quote of the week:

"Away in a manger, no crib for his bed,
The little Lord Jesus laid down his sweet head;
The stars in the heavens looked down where he lay,
The little Lord Jesus, asleep on the hay."

   It sounds like you got a full Christmas time this week. I have everything ready to Skype on Christmas day and I am really excited to see everyone. All missionaries Skype unless they themselves choose call home.

   Not much to say because I will see you later this week. I love you and can’t wait to see you see you Friday on Skype.

Love everyone,
Elder Spencer Fisher


No comments:

Post a Comment