Monday, June 1, 2015

Annaberg-Bucholz--Week 2

June 1, 2015

My companion and I have been working hard this week.  I have found that the German accent is different in every part of the country and it is kinda funny because a German in one part of the country might not understand German in another art of the country.
This last week we went to a less active member’s funeral. I didn't know her but we met her husband through doing doors this past week in a small town. It was an interesting experience to see how a funeral here in Germany differs from a funeral in America.
We have a conference in Berlin for all the zones in the eastern half of the mission which will probably be really fun, but I haven't had one like this before so I will see how it goes.
I told you about getting the iPads last week.  The iPad's make it easier for visuals and we can show videos from the church website in lessons which is helpful for some investigators.
The couple that was baptized are not tall at all. We meet with new converts for a year after they are baptized but it varies between wards on how long we meet with them after baptism I think.
My new shoes are good and there are broken in now so it is not super painful to walk in them but I do want to buy insoles for them at one point.
So that's that. I had a week of finding and there wasn't much that happened this week.
The scripture for this week is 2 Kings 17: 35-41
   “With whom the Lord had made a covenant, and charged them, saying, Ye shall not fear other gods, nor bow yourselves to them, nor serve them, nor sacrifice to them:
   But the Lord, who brought you up out of the land of Egypt with great power and a stretched out arm, him shall ye fear, and him shall ye worship, and to him shall ye do sacrifice.
   And the statutes, and the ordinances, and the law, and the commandment, which he wrote for you, ye shall observe to do for evermore; and ye shall not fear other gods.
   And the covenant that I have made with you ye shall not forget; neither shall ye fear other gods.
   But the Lord your God ye shall fear; and he shall deliver you out of the hand of all your enemies.
   Howbeit they did not hearken, but they did after their former manner.
   So these nations feared the Lord, and served their graven images, both their children, and their children’s children: as did their fathers, so do they unto this day.”  It is kinda long but I think that it gets the point across about covenants and I thought it was a really good scripture.
Love,
Elder Fisher

No comments:

Post a Comment