Monday, May 25, 2015

Annaburg-Bucholz

May 25, 2015
A view from Annaberg Bucholz
The city I am in is actually called Annaberg-Bucholz because it was two small cities that formed together and made a medium sized city. I called it Annaberg B in my e-mail last week because I couldn`t remember the name of the part that started with a B. There are several Annabergs in Germany and this one is about a half hour drive from the Czech border or so (mom note: according to Google maps, it’s about 8 miles away from the Czech border).  The place where I am at is also very hilly too and we have to walk a lot of places as well, so I definitely get a good work out in every day.
There are just me and my companion in my new apartment. His name is Elder Tingey and he is from Tulsa Oklahoma. He went to BYU Provo for a year before coming on his mission. He has been out for about 8 months. His dad served in Germany right after the Cold War and baptized about 10 people here and I have met some of the people his Dad baptized.
The ward here has an actual church building!!! I haven`t attended church in a regular church building for 7 months because of school and the MTC and my last ward. (mom note: when Elder Fisher was in college and at the MTC, church meetings were held on-campus in various classrooms—and in Halle, they met for church on the first floor of an office building)  The ward here is a little bigger but not by too much and we have the full three hours of church on Sunday as well. The ward is good and they try to help the missionaries
Elder Fisher attending a baptism
I didn`t meet anyone during finding this week but I did meet a lot of people from the ward and people that are investigating the church. I arrived last Tuesday and there were two baptisms on Saturday so that was cool. It was an older married couple that have been investigating the church—about the past two years for her and for him it has been the past six months. One of the APs taught the couple too so that was cool to find out.
You asked about the döners and they have them all over Germany but the best ones are in the former East Germany because that is where a lot of the immigrants move to and open up the businesses.
Germany celebrates the Pentecost when Paul baptized all those people but it isn`t Memorial Day.
Scripture of the week:  3 Nephi 5:20-21   “ I am Mormon, and a pure descendant of Lehi. I have reason to bless my God and my Savior Jesus Christ, that he brought our fathers out of the land of Jerusalem, (and no one knew it save it were himself and those whom he brought out of that land) and that he hath given me and my people so much knowledge unto the salvation of our souls. Surely he hath blessed the house of Jacob, and hath been merciful unto the seed of Joseph."
I hope everything is going good at home and I am enjoying the pictures of everyone´s adventures and the pictures of my niece and nephew. Thank you for the prayers
Love
Elder Fisher

P.S. I got my mission iPad last Friday.
iPads!

No comments:

Post a Comment