Monday, June 15, 2015

Spring Storms and Frog Crossings!

June 15, 2015

   Thank you for the letter and yes, I received the letter that Audrey wrote me. I think she has very good penmanship for a 14 month old.

A bridge the Elders discovered when out finding one day.
    When we eat at member’s homes we usually have red cabbage and sauerkraut, which are like my two favorite food of all time, like I would eat these before I would eat a chicken enchilada casserole!!! (mom note—that is saying a LOT!) And the main dish is usually meat but it is different in almost every home that we go to. I keep forgetting to get recipes and I need to be better about that. We did have this really good apple with a thick apple sauce cold soup thing once and that was really good. And yes, I eat fruits almost every day.
  
FROG CROSSING!!!!! the signs are used to protect the
frogs from being hit by vehicles.
   There are not any museums here in Annaberg to visit but we also haven't had a normal P-day in Annaberg to visit anything until last week. We are going to visit this giant church today, though, and I will have pictures from that next week.   When we are in town, we usually take the bus but if we go to a smaller town we take the train there.  (a response to a question about boats/rivers/lakes) I haven't really seen a lot of people with boats here but on the river there might be a few and I haven't seen a big lake yet so I am not sure about that. It is weird to think that almost all my friends are now on missions starting this week
Elder Fisher after the rain storm (and are those
recycling containers in the background?)
   
New shoes! and more comfortable than the pair
they replaced
   The weather here is crazy, it could be stormy one minute but then the next could be a giant thunder storm and then it could be sunny again with no clouds two hours later. I experienced that last Saturday and it was an interesting day. We went out finding and it was hot and sunny but then a half hour later it was rainy and then hailing and then a thunderstorm!!! And, of course, we were wearing our short sleeve white shirts that day because it was hot so we had to run from cover to cover. We took a break at a McDonalds and used the hand dryer to try to dry out our clothes and the toilet paper to dry our hair and skin. We then noticed that lighting was striking above our heads like every 20 seconds and decided that it would not be safe to work in this weather. We decided to go home and do weekly planning for the rest of the week. By far the most interesting day as far as weather goes on my mission.
  
   I do not wear my jacket now because the weather is warm enough but I do wear my sweater now and then.  However, there are a lot of hills here so it keeps up a good sweat even if it is like 70 degrees out or something.
  
   I was able to find some new shoes and they are the most comfortable shoes that I could find and they are amazing. They feel great when I walk even if I am breaking them in right now.
   
   This has been a slower week for the missionary work here but that is okay because we have appointments this week and lots of other fun stuff to do for finding and working with members.
  
   I like the family history stories you’ve been sending me from you family history interview. I do not have any questions but reading the stories that you send me is cool reading about so those might help me think of questions if you want to keep sending them.
Companions taking selfies
Elder Tingey and Elder Fisher

   The scripture for this week is Ether 12: 2-3 "And Ether was a prophet of the Lord; wherefore Ether came forth in the days of Coriantumr, and began to prophesy unto the people, for he could not be restrained because of the Spirit of the Lord which was in him. For he did cry from the morning, even until the going down of the sun, exhorting the people to believe in God unto repentance lest they should be destroyed, saying unto them that by faith all things are fulfilled"
   
   Please help the missionaries in the ward as much as you can because missionaries always need referrals and random treats given to them.

   I love you and can't wait to hear from you next week.
Love,
 Elder Fisher

No comments:

Post a Comment