Monday, June 8, 2015

Missionary Work and Last Zone Conference with President Kosak

June 8, 2015

View from a mountain near Annaberg-Bucholz
Annaberg-Bucholz is about a 1/10 of the size of Halle but the ward is about the same size. We have choir on Thursdays and we have ward mission coordination meeting with our ward mission leader on Wednesdays. Other than that, we do not have any extra ward meetings during the week but we are going to try to get stuff going where investigators can come to the activities and other things, so we will see.  My district just has 4 elders in it so it isn't that big--as a matter of fact, it is the smallest possible district that we can have. It is our ward and the branch that the other elders are serving in, but it really isn`t that big of an area.
  Elder Fisher saw the The Berlin Dome while he was in Berlin

We do not actually have any set community service here in Annaberg-Bucholz like we did in Halle (they helped with the soup kitchen once a week) but we are looking for places that we can go and do some service—it will give us closer ties with the community and give us an opportunity to do something besides finding and dooring.

The Berlin Needle is near the Berlin Dome
(and you can see it in the other picture)
In my new area/apartment, my companion does more of the cooking but the things we eat aren't as detail oriented as they were with my last companion.  We usually eat at a member’s house 1-2 times a week here which is fine and sometimes the members will give us food as well during the week or a chocolate bar or something.  My new apartment does have a washer and dryer in it and I think that most of them do here in Germany because I haven’t actually seen a laundry mat anywhere here.

Last week it was a zone conference and it was pretty great, we had a lot of inspiring talks and I got to hear what I needed to do to help out my new area. I think it was also kind of sad because it was the last zone conference that President Kosak will have with us because he goes home on June 30th. They normally serve us lunch for these big conferences but this time they didn't.  However, we spent the night in Berlin the night before so we went by a bakery and bought sandwiches before the conference for our lunch.


The Holocaust Memorial in Berlin is next to the Brandenburg gate.
The United States Embassy in Berlin


















I met someone extremely interesting this week and I have a story for you! This week we went finding and we were in a smaller town so we decided to do some dooring. At the end of the day we were both kind of tired but we decided to do one last building. In this building, a lady stopped us and said “I have a friend that is Mormon and I have met with you guys before in Leipzig (a city in Germany)”. However, when we asked what her religious background is and she said "Extra terrestrial worship".  She then told us that aliens out there and about are 51 in the U.S. My companion asked "How do you know that there are aliens?" and she then said "they appeared to me in my apartment because I am a believer."  We didn't really know what to say after so we ended the conversation and parted ways.


Scripture for the week is a chapter 3 Nephi 30: 1-2  “Hearken, O ye Gentiles, and hear the words of Jesus Christ, the Son of the living God, which he hath commanded me that I should speak concerning you, for, behold he commandeth me that I should write, saying:  Turn, all ye Gentiles, from your wicked ways; and repent of your evil doings, of your lyings and deceivings, and of your whoredoms, and of your secret abominations, and your idolatries, and of your murders, and your priestcrafts, and your envyings, and your strifes, and from all your wickedness and abominations, and come unto me, and be baptized in my name, that ye may receive a remission of your sins, and be filled with the Holy Ghost, that ye may be numbered with my people who are of the house of Israel.”

Love you and I pray for you and the whole family every night, too.
Love,
Elder Fisher
June 2015 Zone Conference for eastern zones of Germany Berlin mission



No comments:

Post a Comment