Tuesday, October 27, 2015

6 More Weeks in Bad Bentheim, Teaching Sunday School, and Sequoia!

October 26, 2015

Companion exchange pictures (from another missionary's blog)
   Everything is real good here in Germany. My companion and I are staying together for another transfer together in Bad Bentheim so that means that this is the first city where I am staying at least 3 transfers!! I am happy, happy, happy!  I am so happy too because I absolutely love this area that I am in right now.

   We usually teach the Youth Sunday School during church but this month we had an investigator at church so we had an investigator Sunday School class instead and that was good (Sunday School is only held once a month).

   As for the Bad Bentheim ward, most of the primary kids in our district (a group of wards and branches) are actual from our Ward and we have about 20 kids. We have a very young branch.

Another photo of missionaries (from the same missionary blog)
   There is not too much to report on but I did meet someone that went and visited the Sequoia National Park a few years ago and we had like a 20 minute conversation about where that person has been (mom note: Sequoia National Park is a favorite family vacation place). It was a good conversation and the person said to call and come by sometime and she would make us an apple crisp or something like that. It was a good day.

   We always hear things about the refugees from the Middle East coming to Germany but there are already a lot of people from the Middle East here in Germany so it isn't too noticeable I think.
   
   Since we have to be in our apartment by 6 pm on Halloween, I’m not too sure what are plans will be but I think we will probably do extra studying or weekly planning or something, not to sure right now.

   It is really weird seeing all these younger guys going on missions (mom note: Elder Fisher is turning 19 next week—and to hear him talk about the ‘younger guys’ is interesting!). It is truly a life changing experience. Do you actually have Elder A’s email address I would like to send him an email. J. is going to Canada?--that is cool, but it still isn't like the Germany Berlin mission.

   Scripture for the week 2 Chronicles 32: 7-8  "Be strong and courageous, be not afraid nor dismayed for the king of Assyria, nor for all the multitude that is with him: for there be more with us than with him: With him is an arm of flesh; but with us is the Lord our God to help us, and to fight our battles. And the people rested themselves upon the words of Hezekiah king of Judah."

   Quote of the week, "I am not a people person." By a husband a of a member of our Ward which made me think of my cousin J____ who said "I just don't like people"

   I pray for you guys every night. Love you mama. Love you dad and thanks for supporting me out here and being a good example for me too about what I ought to do.

Love

Elder Spencer Fisher

From the Germany Berlin Mission Blog: the Oldenburg zone during October Zone Conference

As a bonus, if you are a fan of The Piano Guys, they recently held a Worldwide Broadcast with music and conversation, you can watch the video online at this address:  The Piano Guys Face to Face

No comments:

Post a Comment