Friday, October 23, 2015

Learning Christ-like Love

October 19, 2015

   I am still doing good with the companion we are working. This past week, I went on companion exchange with Elder Williams from San Diego, California.  My German is good but I think I still sound like an American when I talk which isn't necessarily a bad thing but I want to get more of a German accent.  

   We just had zone training meeting and we learned about prayer and Book of Mormon and working with your Ward better and the next one will be in November (mom note: besides training, this is when they get all their mail and packages from the mission office).   I got the box and the chocolate was not melted and I love everything you sent with it too.

   Most humbling experience would probably have to be not one experience but a series of experiences. There are a lot of people from the Middle East and Africa here in Germany and in their culture it is custom to accept people into their home and offer them food, and it is always a humbling experience to see these people who only have so much and offer so much to make someone else feel comfortable in their home. It has really showed me how to be more Christ-like with my fellowmen.

   I have had to give several lessons in German and testimonies but never like a 15 minute talk but it isn't that nerve racking. Honestly I am more nervous to give talks and lessons in English now because I do not really do that so I am not used to it.  I was guided by the Spirit this past week when I gave a sick blessing to a little girl in the ward who has an injured leg right now and is on crutches right now.

   I do not think that I met anyone interesting this week but it was a slower week here but those aren't too common here so it's okay.

   You asked my advice for future missionaries:  I would say the biggest help would probably for a prospective missionary to go and help the missionaries with joint teaches to talk with them to just try to go out with missionaries as much as they can.

   In Germany, they do celebrate Halloween but Halloween is just a party event here and we have to be inside at 6 pm on Halloween so nothing bad happens.

   Scripture of the week 1 Nephi 22:31 "Wherefore, ye need not suppose that I and my father are the only ones that have testified, and also taught them. Wherefore, if ye shall be obedient to the commandments, and endure to the end, ye shall be saved at the last day. And thus it is. Amen." 
   Quote of the week: "Faith is not by chance but by choice." Neil L. Anderson

Love you mama and love ya dad. Have a good week.
Love,

Elder Spencer Fisher

No comments:

Post a Comment