Monday, October 12, 2015

Autumn, Visiting an International Border, and Missionary Work

October 12, 2015
Leaves changing colors in western Germany

   It's fall… I see the colors changing on the trees…but it is actually a little colder than fall.  Actually, I would say because it was below freezing Sunday and we had to scape ice off our car windshield yesterday I would say it is more like winter. There will be a little bit of snow it sounds like but nothing too crazy I do not think.

   The work is going but it could be better at times. No big complaints though. In this area we are able to contact a lot of people like less actives and former investigators that I wasn't really able to do in my other areas. The Bad Bentheim branch meets in a church building (compared to rented office space like in Halle).  As for branch leadership, we only have branch council once a month and we are always there.  The leaders are pretty good about helping with most things we do.

   We use members and sports to contact people and the sports we play are basketball and soccer.

Visiting the border of Germany & The Netherlands
Elder Fisher is showing his obedience to mission rules:
He is NOT stepping over the border
and out of mission boundaries
On P-days we sometimes go places, like last week we visited the border of The Netherlands since it is one of the borders of Bad Bentheim.


We made ice cream
   Germany celebrates Oktoberfest but is not really a very big deal where I am at and most of the parties for Oktoberfest are in September here.

   Thanks for the story about me--I really enjoyed it especially since this story told me I am the only child that was early. Even when I was a newborn I was early for everything.  I did get the package from “Z” and I told him that last week. I am picking up the box from you tomorrow because they gave me a slip today that I can pick it up on Tuesday at 10 am.

   Scripture for the week: 1 Nephi 14:7: “For the time cometh, saith the Lamb of God, that I will work a great and a marvelous work among the children of men; a work which shall be everlasting, either on the one hand or on the other—either to the convincing of them unto peace and life eternal, or unto the deliverance of them to the hardness of their hearts and the blindness of their minds unto their being brought down into captivity, and also into destruction, both temporally and spiritually, according to the captivity of the devil, of which I have spoken.”

   Quote for the week: "hey Jack!" Uncle Si

   Love you and thanks for all the support that you give me and how much you love me. Have a great week. 

Love

Elder Spencer Fisher

No comments:

Post a Comment