Saturday, October 10, 2015

Conference Weekend and Loving Germany

October 5, 2015

   I had a really good week and I am having so much fun out here it is ridiculous.  Germany is pretty good.  I love it here.  I am really looking forward to my first Christmas and birthday in Germany--I have heard that there is nothing like Christmas in Germany!!

   A lot has happened this week but it is too much to put into emails, we mostly saw a lot of blessings this past week and I think it is a direct result of us trying to be more obedient and to work harder as well.
   
   Conference weekend was really good! I haven’t watched the Sunday afternoon session yet but we are going to download it to our iPads and listen to it in our apartment and in the car. We watched the first session (Saturday morning) in another branch building because we wanted to have a TV to watch it on but we ended up having to watch it on one of our iPads anyways so that was pointless, but we went to a member’s house to watch two of the sessions yesterday (Sunday) in English and we ate at their house and we watched the Sunday morning session at our church building so it was a fun thing of conference for us. (Note: The Sunday morning session was on at 6 pm in Gemrany) I probably got the most from Elder Hales’ talk and I especially liked President Eyring’s talk in the priesthood session about how a pickup truck helped someone to do less active work--it made me realize that when I get back home I need a truck to help others in the church. We listened to all sessions in English . 

   On Mondays we have P-day and we go and buy the things we need and sometimes we do other cool stuff. On Monday nights we have FHE with a family in the ward usually and dinner there too.

   For lunch at the bakeries, I usually get a different sandwich every time but usually something with meat in the sandwich. My favorite German dessert is really hard to choose but I usually buy a different one every time too, most things with fruit I like to eat actually, I know that doesn't sound too much like me but yes. You asked about my weight since I am eating such great food--I gained weight in the MTC and then lost it during my first two transfers and now I have gained a little bit of weight back just because I am in a car area but for the most part I weigh the same as when I left home, and for 9 months in Germany, that ain't too shabby.

   My favorite way to contact people is through sports and through the members and those ways are also the easiest to do as well.  I do not believe I met anyone too interesting this past week but we did meet a less active family we have been trying to meet in a long time.

   I feel that the biggest way the Holy Ghost has helped me the most this week was telling us to change our plans to get in contact with people this past week and that is really a huge blessing.  

   Scripture for the week is Mosiah 18:9 (mom note: the following passage is Mosiah 18: 8-11) 
"And it came to pass that he said unto them: Behold, here are the waters of Mormon (for thus were they called) and now, as ye are desirous to come into the fold of God, and to be called his people, and are willing to bear one another’s burdens, that they may be light; Yea, and are willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places that ye may be in, even until death, that ye may be redeemed of God, and be numbered with those of the first resurrection, that ye may have eternal life— Now I say unto you, if this be the desire of your hearts, what have you against being baptized in the name of the Lord, as a witness before him that ye have entered into a covenant with him, that ye will serve him and keep his commandments, that he may pour out his Spirit more abundantly upon you?  And now when the people had heard these words, they clapped their hands for joy, and exclaimed: This is the desire of our hearts.

   And the quote of the week is a poem:

          “World, O world, of muddled men,
          Seek the Peace of God again:
          In the humble faith that kneels,
          In the hallowed Word that heals;
          In the courage of a tree,
          In the rock’s integrity;
          In the hill that holds the sky,
          The star you pull your heart up by;
          In the laughter of a child,
          Altogether undefiled;
          In the hope that answers doubt,
          Love that drives the darkness out. …
          Frantic, frightened, foolish men,
          Take God by the hand again.”      --Joseph Auslander


I hope that you have a great week and help someone every day!

Love,

Elder Fisher

No comments:

Post a Comment