Friday, May 6, 2016

A short letter on missionary work

April 25, 2016

(This week’s letter had a lot of family references so the blog is short)

   We found a new investigator this past week who lives somewhat close to the church and we are meeting with him this coming Thursday and it should be a good appointment. We also have less actives to teach but as of right now there is not too much to report on but hopefully soon there will be something good to report on.

   I did not have an exchange this week but I do have exchanges this week on Wednesday and Tuesday.

   My current companion graduated high school before he came out on his mission, and he has been out about 14 months. Between the two of us, I do the cooking.  I have been to maybe 1-2 restaurants to eat my whole mission. We do not go all that often because they are expensive for us missionaries.

   Something that stood out to me in personal study this week is how Lehi tried teaching his sons as his final act before he died and didn't try doing something selfish.

   Scripture of the week: Proverbs 28: 25 “He that is of a proud heart stirreth up strife: but he that putteth his trust in the Lord shall be made fat.”

   Quote of the week "What is worse than being blind? Being able to see but (having) no vision" Heller Keller

I love you and hope that you have a good week.

Love,

Elder Spencer Fisher

No comments:

Post a Comment