Monday, April 25, 2016

The latest update (April 18, 2016)

April 18, 2018

   Well sounds like everything is going good with you guys and with everything else. Not too much to tell this week, I shipped another companion off and I got another companion who likes to rebuild/remake computers for fun. My companion is from Roy Utah he has been out for about 14 or so months so just a little bit younger than me on the mission. His last area was Greifswald. His name is Elder Zachary Illum.

   I have not gotten tired of the bike yet but I think I tire my companion out sometimes because I ride pretty quickly.

   The last few times we have been meeting in Bielefeld for district meeting. There are 8 missionaries in my district and there is a sister in my district who had the same Book of Mormon class as I did my freshman year and she actually sat behind me, Of course we found this out once we had a conversation about BYU-Idaho and the Book of Mormon teachers that we had.

   I have been studying the book, "Jesus the Christ", a lot this week and reading about the last year setting of his life and the book opens your eyes to the type of person that Christ was and that he really did care so much for these people he was teaching and performing miracles with. (Mom note: if you are interested in reading the book, it is available as a free readable download on gutenberg.org--you can click on the title above for a direct link OR as an audiobook here: "Jesus the Christ" audiobook )

   The interesting person for this week would be a lady that helps with foster kids full time and she tries to help them all that she can, she said we can come by again but she can never promise if she has time because of the kids and also her normal life as well.

I tried making an omelet this week, but it did not turn of the best.

   I have been enjoying my mission and every week is just going by faster and faster and I feel like the mission is just normal like now and it is just flying by. Now because of my mission I like planning out what I am going to do every day and I find dooring okay now and I love Europe and the culture here, I never thought that those things would happen.

   Scripture for the week Matthew 16:24-25 “Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.”

   Quote of the week "The mission isn't the best two years of your life, it is the best two years for your life."

   That is about all that I have for this week but I hope that you have a wonderful week and that you have some fun experiences.

Love,

Elder Spencer Fisher

No comments:

Post a Comment