Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Welcome to Minden!


March 7, 2016

Elder Fisher (not sure if this is in Braunschweig or Minden)
   Well sounds like everything is good.  The spring is slowly coming into play, but it is early spring so it is still pretty cold like 40-50 degrees for the next few weeks. It is still better than 20-30 degrees though.
   
   I am still in the Hannover zone.  For transfer days we always use trains to get to our new areas but it wasn’t that bad this transfer because the train was only like a 2 hour ride. (Mom note: one of his early transfers took him from easternmost part of Germany to the westernmost part of Germany and it took him over 8 hours).  

   I am in the city of Minden and it is good.  We do a lot of walking and use buses.  I would describe this place as a town with a lot of country that is part of our area as well.  We are trying to get new bikes so we can use those in getting around to do missionary work. 

Zone bowling
   My new companion is Elder Hunt and he is from Snowflake, Arizona and but he also lived for a year in North Dakota, too. . He is over 19 months out and he will be going home the 8th of July.  It is just the two of us in the apartment. There are no sisters or couple missionaries in my district but it is a 6 elder district so it is not that bad.  My companion is district leader so I get to go on companion exchanges a lot.

Elder Fisher...it still looks cold!
   I think my new branch is good too. We are in a branch but it is a larger branch. I have already been assigned a talk in this branch so I would say that we will be doing a little more in helping the ward than in my last area (which didn’t need as much help other than missionary work) but from what I have seen, the branch is really good and willing to help us as well.

   I met a lot of interesting people this week but we also found a new investigator from Angola and he is pretty cool.  I cannot tell you too much right now about him because he will be meeting with us this week, but he was nice.

   Dad, I don't even remember what most of the foods taste like anymore that you mention in your emails so I can honestly say that I am not jealous about you eating one of my favorite foods.

   Scripture for the week: Alma 12:33 “But God did call on men, in the name of his Son, (this being the plan of redemption which was laid) saying: If ye will repent, and harden not your hearts, then will I have mercy upon you, through mine Only Begotten Son;”

   Quote: "all you need is love, love, love is all you need" the Beatles

   I love you and hope that you have a wonderful week and you can stay cool. Thanks for the pictures I enjoy receiving them.

Love,
elder spencer fisher




No comments:

Post a Comment