Sunday, March 27, 2016

Being a Missionary with a bike.

Elder Fisher and Elder Hunt
March 20, 2016

    My talk in church went good (on March 13th), it was about repentance and I called those Germans to repentance!  Just kidding. It was my first talk in German but I have already given lessons in German before as well so I wasn't really nervous to give my talk.


    We had district meeting this week and I actually went on exchange with my trainer Elder Gerlach (his trainer) so that was fun but we have been seeing each other our whole missions so there wasn't too much to catch up on so we just talked with each other.
  
Elder Fisher and his bike
   We did get new bikes and we even got a drier too. A member in our mission travels around the mission to fix apartments and makes sure the missionaries have what they need, and he happened to have an extra drier with him so we got a new drier from him. This week we got our new bikes and I love it! I feel like such a missionary on them and it is so much better than walking everywhere. It also reminds me of how much I used to actually ride my bike everywhere too. I cannot wait to go mountain biking again when I get home.
The explanation for this picture Elder Fisher sent:
"Riding to door a small village"

    We also helped the sisters in Hannover build new beds and closets (everything from Ikea) for their apartment because 2 more sisters moved into the apartment recently so they needed it.

    Our Branch President also got married this past week so now he is a happily married man. This coming week we have lots of service planned and I am really excited to do that and also Easter is this week so that is just another cool this to be excited for.

    This week we made chicken wraps from scratch and tried our luck with lasagna again...we are taking a break from the lasagna for a while. The calzones tasted good but we want the dough to be good thickness though.  We were able to eat all of the sweets from the ward potluck. And on Saturday I enjoyed some wonderful German cake with a member, so I am not jealous of you going to REI.

Elder Fisher and Elder Hunt
with their bikes (notice the helmets)
crossing a bridge
    This week we went out to this little farm town to door and we saw a guy who had a big auto garage (for Germany) and his wife answered the door and they had a bunch of cool little knick knack things and I thought that was cool because you do not see that in Germany very often with antiques or stuff like that.

I want to visit Northern California because on the mission people always ask about Northern California and I have never been there and there should be some good things to see there.

A scripture that caught my attention this week was actually the story of the rich young ruler who came to Christ and asked "what lack I yet?" and that was in the context of asking how he could obtain eternal life. It made me think.

    Scripture of the week: Matthew 19: 16-23:  “And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?  And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.  He saith unto him, Which?  Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.  The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?   Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.   But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.  Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.”

Quote of the week: "There's a silver lining behind every cloud" -Johnny Cash

Love you and hope that you have a wonderful week!

Elder Spencer Fisher






No comments:

Post a Comment