Saturday, March 19, 2016

Calzones, Bikes, and Sweets

Calzones are baking
March 14, 2016

   Sounds like everything is pretty good out there. We didn’t have to worry about time change yet.  We don’t change the clocks here to move forward until on Easter Sunday.  It is pretty fun out here and the time seems to be going by pretty fast.  My companion and I are doing okay.  I would say that I cook more but we both kinda cook together. I tried cooking calzones and lasagna for the first time and they both turned out okay.  We both like to clean so the apartment is pretty much spotless.

   This week we walked like 17 Km on Thursday so I felt really tired after that. We are getting bikes and they will be brought to us sometime this week and we are really excited about that because then we do not have to walk everywhere anymore.

   My favorite lesson to teach this week was probably a member lesson where we did a role play with a little pamphlet thing from the church about the Plan of Salvation. It was a good lesson I think and it helped the dad get some excitement about continuing doing missionary work.
Elder Hunt and Elder Fisher
waiting for the calzones to finish

   I met someone from Nigeria this week who is an active member and he has an awesome testimony, he brought a friend to church this past Sunday as well. He is really nice and loving and just wants to follow God.

   We go to the branch council meetings each week.  As for the branch, I will be giving my talk this coming Sunday and I will be talking about repentance, it should be a good experience.  We had a ward lunch last Sunday after church (potluck) and we were given a lot of the sweets and the leftover drinks as well so that was really good but at the same time we can only eat so many sweets. This past week, our branch president also took us to a British goods store and bought us some sweets so that was really nice of him to do and it tasted really good too.

   I was reading in the book of Moses this past week when Enoch sees the vision in chapter 7 and he talks about the earth moaning and groaning against the sins of the wicked and about the Crucifixion of her creator and then I thought about how the earth was also baptized in the flood of Noah and I finally understood what it meant that the earth was living and I do not just know that anymore, I understand it now.
Success!!!

   Scripture of the week Moses 7: 69 “And Enoch and all his people walked with God, and he dwelt in the midst of Zion; and it came to pass that Zion was not, for God received it up into his own bosom; and from thence went forth the saying, Zion is Fled.”

   Quote of the week: "John, leave it alone. Mary, leave italone." Boyd K. Packer (in conference report November 1987)

   Well, I love you and hope that you have a great week and hope that everything goes good. Hope that you are getting ready for conference, too, and making that apple pie for dad.

Love,
Lasagna and Ciabatta. Mmmmm
Elder Spencer Fisher

PS  If you have not seen the new Easter videos yet, we invite you to watch them at https://www.mormon.org/easter








No comments:

Post a Comment