Monday, March 7, 2016

Transfer time. Saying Good-bye to Braunschweig

February 29. 2016

Elder Fisher with Elder Ashby
(his 2nd companion in Braunschweig)
I got transferred and I am going to another area in the zone called Minden.  It is a smaller town surrounded by mountains.  I will be working with Elder Hunt.  We will see how it goes I guess.

My favorite experience this week (and it usually happens when I leave a ward) was this: when I got transferred, a lot of the members did not realize that I was only there for 3 months and said I thought you were with us for 4-6 months.  I asked why and they all said that I really try to be a part of the ward and try connecting with people. That was really cool to hear and even though I am leaving so soon I can leave knowing that I left an impact on a ward even if I was only here for 3 months.

This past Sunday, I was in the investigator class. My favorite lesson that we taught this week was a lesson and we had to have a translator come to translate a whole lesson into Spanish. The lesson was The First Vision.

Elder Fisher with a family from the Braunschweig
As for seeing something interesting, yesterday there was a guy walking with two girls and kind of hopping around and acting cool and skipping and stuff and just doing random stuff.

Scripture of the week:  Alma 5 :16 “I say unto you, can you imagine to yourselves that ye hear the voice of the Lord, saying unto you, in that day: Come unto me ye blessed, for behold, your works have been the works of righteousness upon the face of the earth?”

Quote of the week. I do think mom is making you work quite a bit but a I want to tell you a German proverb I learned yesterday "How you eat, it shows in how you work" so if you eat fast, you work fast and good.

I am excited for the next transfer and I think that the rest of my mission will go by fast so I am trying to work harder and better now. I love you all too and hope that you have a good week.

Love,

Elder Fisher

No comments:

Post a Comment