Monday, September 21, 2015

New Companion, Family History Work, and Continuing in Bad Bentheim

September 21, 2015

   This week was just all around a good week--the work is going pretty good and we has a little bit of success this past week.  My new companion and I are really trying to just focus on being obedient and improving the missionary program here in Bad Bentheim.  We found 5 new investigators this week and we did a lot of stuff and also came up with a lot of ideas on how to help the program here and make the work go more smoothly and work better.

   My new companion’s name is Elder Westbury and he is from Williamsburg, Virginia.  He will be celebrating being on his mission for a year next month-he came in the same group as my trainer did. My new companion is really excited to be out here on his mission and we are excited to work together.  Elder Westbury didn’t go to school before his mission but I think that he worked.  He is planning on attending BYU-Idaho after his mission so he is asking me lots of questions about it. 

   Elder Westbury and I have a lot of similarities and interests in common—like the fact that neither of us are from Utah, and he likes country music too!  He is the type of guy that makes you want to be better. I think that we will have a good transfer together and will have lots of fun times together.

   When I was waiting for my new companion, we worked out the train schedule so that my new companion would show up before my last companion left so I didn’t have to wait at the train station.

   We actually didn't end up teaching the lesson on Sunday, the Young Men’s president did, but we sat in there because it is good to build a relationship with the youth I think.  The lesson was on the commandments and what they are.
I am still in the car area and it is fun.We do not have a set service project exactly but we usually have service about 2-3 times a week.

   It is cool about seeing the zone conference at our church building--I cannot really imagine what a zone conference in a smaller geographical mission would be like because when I see a missionary at a zone conference they can live 150-200 miles away and we are still in the same zone!

   I will send pictures next week.  We were going to email at the McDonald’s to use the free wifi but there is a new McDonald’s opening tomorrow so the old one closed yesterday and we will be able to use the new McDonald’s next week.

   That is too bad about BYU losing but there is always next week. My quote for the week—“ Quote of the week. "Life is like a football game."
   
   Scripture for the week Malachi 4:5-6 "Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord:  And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse." Spirit of Elijah scripture, from the things on I have seen on my mission, this promise is true and will really help in the hastening of the work.

   Love you mom and dad and hope that you have a great week right now--thank you for the scriptures you shared--they were really good.  Next week can you send me a family history story?  I am trying to do more with family history work in my area because it really does help people to understand the gospel better and help less actives see the purpose of temples more clearly.

Love,

Elder Fisher

No comments:

Post a Comment