Monday, July 6, 2015

Teaching, Learning German, and a new Mission President

July 6, 2015

This week has been a good week here in Germany and we had lots of time for finding this past week. We taught a lesson to a less active member this week.  We have been trying to work with this person.  We taught the plan of salvation and the man really understood the plan of salvation he said.  When we meet with him, he tries to get to the lesson we have prepared as soon as possible when we get there now.  He seems to enjoy our visits and teaching strategy. It was really cool to see.
My favorite lesson to teach is the first lesson in Preach My Gospel because I think that it has the information that really sets us apart from other churches
We do not have regular service in the community going. We set up something with our GML (ward mission leader) where we took a picture in our service clothes and with tools, and put the pictures on a paper where the members in the ward can sign up have the missionaries over to do service at either their house or a friend’s house so hopefully we will start having service opportunities.  We usually see the bishop and GML (ward mission leader) quite a bit and in Germany usually the ward is made up of 1-2 families that are all related to each other somehow so we see everyone pretty regularly. The ward has people that play the piano so the missionaries don’t play the piano for the ward.
We are having zone conference this week and we will meet our new mission president. I am excited. My new mission president worked for Church Education System I think, but I’m not too sure about that.  We heard about President Packer’s death because we got a text Saturday.  It was a little hard to keep working after that but we kept going.
My German language learning is good and there is definitely a difference from May to now, I am always improving. I still learn lots of German and notice continual improvement.  My companion, Elder Tingey understands the language principles well (his mom is a German and his dad is a German professor) but sometimes his accent is really hard for me to. His German is better than mine but I’m not sure how big the gap is because I know my German isn’t anywhere close to perfect.
In my area we use public transport and walk everywhere just like my last area. In East Germany, they have lots of little markets and stuff because it is still very much like the old German with the manners and customs of former East Germany which I really like. They do also have a few stores which are like a Walmart or something but there are more of the smaller stores than the bigger ones.
Those are really interesting stories about how my great-grandparents came to live in California. Interesting how things work out the way they do.
I was glad to hear that you and the high priests are still making those pancakes for everyone at the 4th of July breakfast. I have one question I was curious about too because members have asked me and if you could really research into it that would be great. Can firefighters in America be colorblind? I thought yes but I wasn't entirely sure.
         Quote of the week Joseph B. Wirthlin "Come what may, and love it"
Scripture of the week Alma 10:7 “As I was journeying to see a very near kindred, behold an angel of the Lord appeared unto me and said: Amulek, return to thine own house, for thou shalt feed a prophet of the Lord; yea, a holy man, who is a chosen man of God; for he has fasted many days because of the sins of this people, and he is an hungered, and thou shalt receive him into thy house and feed him, and he shall bless thee and thy house; and the blessing of the Lord shall rest upon thee and thy house.”
Hope you have a great week and that you have fun with little Miss Audrey when you babysit.
   Love,

Elder Fisher

No comments:

Post a Comment