Monday, July 27, 2015

Thinking in German, New Investigators, and the Best Ward in Germany

June 27, 2015

A member of Elder Fisher' ward
in a club uniform
   Sounds like you had a good week and that you have been keeping busy with everything.   I also have sent pictures this week in a separate email.

   I have had a good week this week and it has been a good transfer.  The transfer calls will be this Saturday and transfers are next Tuesday. I do not think I will be transferred but I really have no idea what will happen.  I can’t believe my birthday is in 3 transfers. It is weird I will be 19 in just a little over 4 months!!!! I am getting old.

   We were able to meet with our investigator this week and it was good.  He has interest in learning the gospel but he studies lots of other religions and we are looking for a way to help him keep him focused and to want to read and study.  We think that "cliff hanger" idea of teaching might be a good idea.  We also found three new investigators this week.  They are super nice people from Syria.  They said that they will read the Book of Mormon and they are really trying to learn from us I think. We already had one lesson with them and it went really well.
Elder Fisher sent proof to his mom that
he was actually eating fruit!

  What I like about Annaberg is the ward--it is probably one of the best wards in Germany or our mission so I have heard. The members are super nice and trying to always help us. This week we ate at a members’ house and they made beef steaks for us because they said that was very American and that pork steaks are the normal steaks that they eat.  I was really grateful for that food, it was so good.  We didn't do anything to celebrate Pioneer Day here but there are plenty of other things that the ward does to celebrate the random things that happened in history.
Elder Fisher bought a nutcracker--and it has
a place of honor with his German language study cards

  At our last zone conference, the sister missionaries serving in Halle (my last area) told me the weather in Halle has been hot and rainy.

   The language is coming well---I think in German usually before I think in English most of the time now--it is really interesting but freaky at the same time.

  I study a lot from Ensigns in my free time (20 minutes in morning, lunch break, dinner break, and after 9:30) and a lot of articles are concerning education and/or written by people highly educated, and it has helped me to realize the value of an education and makes me have a desire to have a goal of a Ph.D. some day. It is interesting what a mission helps me realize.
Playground rules:
No soccer (football)
No dogs
No bike riding
....and can anyone guess the last one??

  Mission life is good, a little trying at times but nothing a prayer and rethinking of my purpose can't fix.  I am trying to be a better person everyday.  My district leader gave a quote the other week which is: "hard happens...awful is optional" and then said that he hasn't had a day on the mission which he didn't enjoy, and I think I can honestly say the same thing because there is always a small miracle or a thing I read that makes the day or everything worth it.

   Scripture for the week Ether 12:26: "And when I had said this, the Lord spake unto me, saying: Fools mock, but they shall mourn; and my grace is sufficient for the meek, that they shall take no advantage of your weakness;"

  Quote of the week: "Whate'er thou art, do well thine part" David O. McKay

   Next time I email you, I will be in my 5th transfer and Connor will be 3 years old. That is weird. Time goes by so fast it is ridiculous. I love you and wish you the best.  I hope that you have a great week and enjoy the summer weather before it gets cold again.

Love

Elder Fisher




No comments:

Post a Comment