Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Teaching Investigators and Member Missionary Challenge

July 20, 2015

      I’m doing good and it was a good week.  The lessons we teach are divided about 50-50 so each of us has a chance to teach--it is best when we participate equally. I had a really good lesson with an investigator last week. During this past week, we role played for this investigator twice and then we saw him on the street and were able to make an appointment for that day.  We ended up having the best lesson with him that I have had so far. AND a referral from a member turned into a new investigator.
    
   My current area of Annaburg Buchholz is probably about 1 hour train ride from north to southern end and 1 hour bus ride from east to west end. Some of the towns’ names in this area are Zschopau, Marienberg, Mildenau, and Wiese. We visit these towns outside of Annaberg-Buchholz the most—oh, and Oberwiesenthal. That town is a huge resort place and the other week I met people from Halle (my first area) and I was super excited. 

    When people find out that I am from California, they don’t really ask questions, they just kinda go straight to assumptions about California and then ask if I do the normal California thing. 

    Scripture of the week: Alma 29:1 “O that I were an angel, and could have the wish of mine heart, that I might go forth and speak with the trump of God, with a voice to shake the earth, and cry repentance unto every people!”

    Quote for the week "It is impractical for us to expect that (full-time) missionaries alone can warn the millions in the world. Members must be finders. The valuable time of our teaching missionaries is too often spent in 'finding'." Spencer W. Kimball

     On my mission I have learned of how simple and easy and necessary missionary work is for the members to do. I truly believe that if members do missionary work and help the missionaries with this great work, we could double the amount of current membership in 2 or 3 years. I know I wasn't the best with missionary work before my mission but when I come home I have a desire to live wherever I can do the most missionary work possible and help change the way people view missionary work in the church. I ask everyone to please pray and diligently ponder a name to give to the missionaries and help teach this person. The best way to help me on my mission right now is to help the missionaries in Whittier, California or wherever you are right now, with the hastening of the work. I really plead that you at least contemplate this challenge in your hearts. 

   Thanks for the prayers and I hope that you have a wonderful week.  I love you tons, 
Love, Elder Fisher

No comments:

Post a Comment