Monday, May 18, 2015

Goodbye Halle! Hello Annaburg!

May 18, 2015
Transfer calls came in last week and we found out that the Elders Program in the city of Halle is getting closed and I am being transferred to Annaburg-B.  Annaburg on the mission map is in the lower far right corner (Mom note: I learned this is due in part to the addition of an area to the mission so some areas needed to be restructured).  My new companion’s name is Elder Tingey.  I will be leaving for Annaburg tomorrow and will have more information about him next Monday. When we are getting transferred, we have to call our new companions and arrange for what is a good time to get there, what the area is like, and what platform I will be getting off at the train station.   Since they are closing the Elder’s program, it was a pretty crazy week—we have been prepping the apartment for next week because no one living here and it has been a lot of running around and getting most of that done getting that all taken care of but we got it done. We also had a zone training meeting in Leipzig so with everything going on we didn’t have a lot of time to meet new people so I really do not have any cool or crazy stories this week.  I am officially done with my training today so that is some pretty exciting news too.
In my new area I will be like a 20 minute train ride from the Czech border I think.  Hearing that reminded me of dad’s one companion that kept wanting to visit Norway on P-Day (Elder Fisher’s dad served a mission in Denmark which is a 50 mile boat ride away—they didn’t visit Norway). .
You asked me what a joint teaching assignment is--A joint teach is when a member goes with the missionaries for teaching a lesson, it is what I used to do with the missionaries when I went teaching with them.
I think my friends (soon-to-be Elders P. and R. and Sister E) are leaving in just a few weeks and I will be reaching 5 months out!!! That is so crazy--I feel like I just went into the MTC!!!! It is really weird how fast time is flying by but it is a good reminder to keep working hard and always have a good and healthy work ethic.
I am eating my fruits and vegetables more now too which is weird but I think that they taste better here for some reason.  I am also learning a lot about European cars too because I ask the members and different people here about certain brands of cars and stuff.  I think Germany is so great and the people are wonderful even if some of them have a few flaws. I really like it here and I really understand why missionaries say they want to live where they served at the end of their missions, because I think it will be cool to study here for a few years or even live here.
The scripture for the week is kinda funny at the beginning but the second verse is really good I think.  1 Kings 12:6-7  “And king Rehoboam consulted with the old men, that stood before Solomon his father while he yet lived, and said, How do ye advise that I may answer this people? And they spake unto him, saying, If thou wilt be a servant unto this people this day, and wilt serve them, and answer them, and speak good words to them, then they will be thy servants for ever."   Later on though, Rehoboam turns from their advice and chooses to rule with heavy burdens and with brutality because he turned away from the advice of these "Old Men or Elders"
Quote is "Missionary work is but home teaching to those who are not now members of the church, and home teaching is nothing more or less than missionary work to church members." Harold B. Lee.
Anyways love you and I promise to have lots of information about my new companion and area next week. Love you tons and hope you have a good week.
Love

Elder Fisher


No comments:

Post a Comment