Saturday, November 12, 2016

Staying in Lauenburg, a Birthday Dinner in Germany, and Sharing the Gospel

November 7, 2016

   Well, my week was busy (and very chilly).  I hope that you are enjoyed your first Break the Fast as the singles ward bishop as well, those were good memories for me when I was in that ward. It sounds like you had fun decorating the tree at the temple for Christmas

   The past transfer was a good one (mom note: a transfer is usually 6 weeks), we had a baptism so that always makes it better. My current companion will be leaving and I will staying to finish my mission in the Lauenburg area.  My companion will be someone who was in my MTC group who extended his mission an extra transfer.  I am pretty excited to be staying because we have another person we are going to try to set up for a baptismal date for the 3 of December!

   I haven’t gotten my birthday cards and packages yet…I will be getting the packages at the end of November at the Zone Conference, so on Thanksgiving day, I will have my packages.  On my birthday, my companion and I ate at a member’s house on my birthday and she made us Knödel (dumplings) and Rotkohl (red cabbage) and Schweinfleisch (pork). Then for dessert we ate a lemon cake which was really good.

   I have been reading in 3 Nephi this past week and really have enjoyed that.  This week we went finding in Lüneburg and Schwarzenbek and a couple other places.

   So this past week we got a referral from a member and this referral is named P____.  He came to church and we have already taught him the first two lessons and he believes a lot of it is true and he asked us about baptism, we did not even bring baptism up until he mentioned it in the first lesson with him. He is really amazing, even the member who referred him was shocked at how prepared he is!

   Scripture for the week 3 Nephi 11:5-7 “ And again the third time they did hear the voice, and did open their ears to hear it; and their eyes were towards the sound thereof; and they did look steadfastly towards heaven, from whence the sound came. And behold, the third time they did understand the voice which they heard; and it said unto them:  Behold my Beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased, in whom I have glorified my name--hear ye him.”

   Quote of the week: "If you miss the fun, you miss it all" Jeffery R. Holland

Hope that you have a great week!!

Love,

Elder Fisher

No comments:

Post a Comment