Saturday, November 12, 2016

Baptism Day and Missionary Referrals

October 24, 2016

   I am doing good over here and the work is going good.  I am enjoying everything for the most part, we had a couple of slow weeks but the next few weeks look like they will be better though. The bishop of our ward here gave us a referral this weekend and will be giving us another one here pretty soon, and another member also wants to give us a referral to teach as well, so that is very exciting for this area, especially since it is a lot of smaller towns and normally harder to get ward members to refer people for us to teach or to even go by on.

Baptism day
   We had a baptism on Saturday so that was pretty good. The baptism was for a 10 year old Greek child whose father started coming back to church and he wanted us to start teaching his son. He was baptized by his father and he is really happy to be baptized and a member of the church. He also told us that when he gets older, he wants to serve a mission in England.

Baptism day--with the Elders
   My companion and I are doing fine, we think we might stay together for a third transfer and he will send me home, but we will find out in a week what happens. For p-day we will be enjoying Lauenburg and meeting with our new convert as well.

   We did not have any eating appointments this past week, we had two exchanges with missionaries though so we were still very busy. For one of the exchanges, the elder that I worked with took 8 years of French and started learning Arabic before he came out on his mission, so that was cool to learn about.

   Companion study we pretty much plan our appointments for the day. For personal study I read in the Book of Mormon then prepare a lesson that I have to give every week at district meeting. I studied a lot about prophets this past week and that was really interesting. That was really nice of you to have the sisters and the investigator over for dinner, I am sure that they appreciated that very much, and I am sure that you and dad will know the missionaries a lot more during his time as a bishop.

   The weather is turning cold, and I am not overly ecstatic about it getting cold either. I miss the California weather for fall and winter sometimes, to be completely honest. Yes the weather does look like it will be getting colder as well, which I am not overly excited about, since we are riding our bikes most places now.

   Scripture of the week Helaman 16: 23  “And notwithstanding the signs and the wonders which were wrought among the people of the Lord, and the many miracles which they did, Satan did get great hold upon the hearts of the people upon all the face of the land.”

Quote of the week: "Do it" Spencer W. Kimball

   Thank you for the pictures that you send, I really do enjoy them even when I do not say that every week. I do not really have too much else to say but I hope that you have a good week.

Love,

Elder Spencer Fisher

No comments:

Post a Comment