Thursday, August 25, 2016

Lauenburg, A New Bike, and Dinner Appointments

August 22, 2016

   I traveled to Lauenburg this week by train. Yes, I am in Lauenburg on the Elbe. (mom note: there is another city called Lauenberg closer to Hannover). When I got to Lauenburg, I met my companion (Elder Riggs) and we talked about the area and all the people in it.

   I am pretty much recovered from the accident, we are on bikes in this area as well so I kinda have to get over it, not that it shook me or anything, but I didn't want to ride a bike for the rest of my mission.

   It is pretty good here, we are working hard and have already seen a lot of success in our five days together and we are expecting to see a lot more in our time together. The companion is really good, he wants to work pretty hard so I am helping him with that as well.

   This past week, we met with a man and his two sons who are 10 and 8 years old.  They are super cool. The dad is less active.  It was our first time teaching them and it was really good—and his sons want to be baptized!  Then on Saturday, the dad (who is Greek) wanted to make us some Greek food, which was unbelievably good.

   Later in the week, we had to go to a city called Celle (?) and get bikes so we can actually get around our area so we did that.  We talked to a guy on the way down to Cells who is from Cape Verde and his whole family is full of members but he is not, so we got his address and number and gave it to the missionaries in the respective areas.

   We have a ward here in Lauenburg, it is really nice to have 3 hours of church.  The ward has about 60-70 active members. On Sunday, I met the ward and gave my testimony as well.  We ate at a Sister Baumgartel’s house and at the end she said we can just call her Mama Baumgartel, so that was good to hear. She is no replacement for you though, so don't worry.

   On Sunday we rode our bikes an hour one way to go and teach a family who all want to be baptized, they have to work on some stuff but they all want to be baptized! That was probably the best lesson of my entire mission.

The weather hear is pretty similar to the weather in Minden I would have to say.

   Scripture of the week: 2 Nephi 31:5-6 “And now, if the Lamb of God, he being holy, should have need to be baptized by water, to fulfil all righteousness, O then, how much more need have we, being unholy, to be baptized, yea, even by water! And now, I would ask of you, my beloved brethren, wherein the Lamb of God did fulfil all righteousness in being baptized by water?”

   Quote of the week: "make sure these missionaries have fun!" Elder Ballard at our mission conference last year

   It really sounds like you had a busy week, I bet it was really fun and it looks like you had lots of good times at Sequoia. I really want to go to Sequoia with you guys next year! I also cannot wait to eat moms cooking!! I miss it so much. I love the food here, but moms cooking is by far better! I can make 4 more months though.

   I hope you have a great week and that you enjoy the last little bit of summer while you can too! I miss you and wish you the best!

Love
Elder Spencer Fisher

No comments:

Post a Comment