Tuesday, August 23, 2016

It's Transfer Time...and saying good-bye to Minden

Pictures from a district Pday a few weeks ago.
August 15, 2016


   It is transfer time, and I am transferred and after almost six months, I will be leaving. A part of my heart will stay here as well as in all of my areas, but I was really ready for a change to happen. I will miss the members here in Minden the most, I really just feel like I am part of the ward here.  I will be getting transferred to a place called Lauenburg, there are about 10,000 residents and it is a car area, the only problem is that neither of us have a German driver’s license, so we will see how this works out. My companion will be Elder Riggs, he is from the same town my current companion is from. 

   You were saying how hot it was but I could do for some heat right now.  We do not have any of it really, it just feels like we had summer for 2 weeks and it is already fall again, and it will be colder in my next area as well.

   This week was okay but I also got into a bicycle accident Sunday morning going to church.  Before you ask, I am okay for the most part, the seat on the bike was kinda wiggly and it fell off on the way to church and then I followed it down. I landed on my knee and my hand, I am okay. I got out with only a couple scraps and a bruise.  However, my suit pants are not okay, they are a little beyond repair. I might need to get a new suit in the coming weeks or at least find the pants that match my suit coat. The bike will be getting repaired. 

   Well, today since I got a little hurt yesterday, and it hurts a little bit to walk, we decided it best to kind of relax a little bit.

   I studied a lot about money this week and handling emotions a lot I guess, it might not sound super spiritual but it was interesting and was spiritual.

The Bielefeld District
   Scripture of the week: Alma 36: 30 “But behold, my son, this is not all; for ye ought to know as I do know, that inasmuch as ye shall keep the commandments of God ye shall prosper in the land; and ye ought to know also, that inasmuch as ye will not keep the commandments of God, ye shall be cut off from his presence. Now this is according to his word.”

   Quote of the week: "The important thing is that you qualify to be useful workers in society." Gordon B. Hinkley

   




Elder Fisher with the Branch President's Parents


Elder Fisher with the Branch President and his wife

The District
I hope that you have a good week and that you guys will be safe up there in the mountains and have lots of fun with the trees. There will be more things to write in the coming week but for now I will sign off.

Love,

Elder Spencer Fisher

No comments:

Post a Comment