Monday, July 11, 2016

The week before Father's Day and missionary work

Market square in Minden.
June 19, 2016

Happy Father's Day!! I will say it on the actual day next year. Sounds like dad had a good Father's Day as well (even if he did have to speak in church), or at least a good dinner. If it is any consolation for him, I had to speak on Father's Day as well.

The weather here is weird, and all of the members say that this weather is not normal, it will rain really hard for like 1 hour and then it will be very sunny and hot for 2 and then rain again. It makes missionary work difficult sometimes.

I am doing good, I am healthy, happy and frustrated sometimes, the mission can be an emotional roller coaster but for the most part I am happy and I am having fun. It really is not an easy thing to be on a mission and every mission has its own difficulties I guess. Sometimes the days feel like they do not end and that the weeks feel like years, but it is all worth it. Just have to keep going.

The church Elder Fisher visited
This past week we went finding, had exchanges with the elders in Bielefeld, we helped another member with computer problems (I played with the dog because my companion loves to do stuff with computers), ate nachos for one of our lunches, we had Zone Training meeting and interviews with President Fingerle, we had a family home evening with the ward and we also met someone from Jamaica. It was a good week.

Today we went to an old church here in Minden and that was interesting.  I took some pictures that I will be sending.

During church on Sunday, we usually help with translation, sometimes teaching a class, and give talks in sacrament meeting monthly, but not always the case.

I studied the story of Abinadi this week and that was good, to see how someone can be both bold and loving with missionary work.
The organ!!

The interviews with President Fingerle went well I guess. Nothing too different happened in the interviews but it was good to just talk with him. I had a good week. This coming week we do not have a lot of appointments, but it will be okay, we will try doing surprise visits with the members.

Scripture of the week: 1 Nephi 21:15, “For can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? Yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee, O house of Israel. Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.

Quote of the week "Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways." John Wayne.

Hope that you have a good week and know that I love you too!

The description on the card tells that
"even though there was death, there is life"
Love,

Elder Spencer Fisher




Mary and Jesus
Elder Fisher said the stain glass depicts knights


The Hannover Zone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment