Monday, July 25, 2016

The Minden Branch, Pulling Weeds, and District P-Day

Elder Fisher's District
July 18, 2016

   Sounds like you have had quite the week there. Good to hear that the weather is staying relatively cool. I sent some pictures as soon as I read your email.

District P-day in Bad Oeynhausen--a park
   I am really becoming a member of the Minden Branch, it is really funny, by the time the next transfer comes I will have been in Minden 6 months.  My companion is really shy and doesn't really talk with the members unless I really encourage him so I get to talk with the members a lot, which is good for my relationship with them. If I were to someday have the means to return to Germany I would definitely come to visit this ward on a Sunday so that I could see everyone.

   The members in Germany do not celebrate Pioneer Pay, but we do happen to have a ward mini golf activity on Pioneer Day.

Another picture of the district
--without the big plant hiding the elder
   Finding service projects to do is not always easy to find and with Germans they are stubborn and want to do things on their own as well, but we do get service projects usually once a week. This past week we pulled out weeds for like 4 hours at a member’s house. I hate weeds. By the way, Germans have lots of little knick knack things in their yards. But most of them are organized for the most part.

   My favorite way to find people new people to teach is by talking to people on buses and at train stations and stuff like that. I am not a fan of talking with people on the streets. My favorite lesson was with a less active lady from Mexico she has some interesting ideas but she is nice.

The palace in Bad Oeynhausen
   There are 8 missionaries in my mission district. We usually meet once a week unless there is a zone meeting, like this coming week then we meet with the rest of the missionaries in the zone as well. The next Zone training meeting is this coming Wednesday. 

   My apartment does have a washer and a drier, I have not actually had an apartment without a washer and a drier combo.

Another view of the palace in Bad Oeynhausen
   Scripture for the week : Alma 16: 21 :And now after the church had been established throughout all the land—having got the victory over the devil, and the word of God being preached in its purity in all the land, and the Lord pouring out his blessings upon the people—thus ended the fourteenth year of the reign of the judges over the people of Nephi.”

   Quote for the week: "John, Let it go, nothing you do will bring her back, anything you do will make it worse, John let it go" Boyd K. Packer

I love you and hope that you have a great week. Love you.

Love

Elder Fisher called this a "mansion house"
in Bad Oeynhausen
Elder Spencer Fisher


A garden mosaic




No comments:

Post a Comment