Monday, April 13, 2015

Travelling Around the District and Spring Has Really Arrived (No Winter Coats Needed)

April 13, 2015
   Mission life is good and I feel like I am adjusting to it pretty well and that I am learning a lot. My German is going along good and I am working very hard at it. It seems easy but once you get more into the language you feel like you have barely scratched the surface of learning the language.
   I like pretty much everything I eat here and yesterday I had this lunch where it was this sweet roll kinda thing and then you put cherry sauce and vanilla sauce on it. I am going to ask for the recipe next Sunday--it was so good you have no idea.
   
The snow that fell in Halle.
The weather here was like the weather the Richins have in Minnesota two weeks ago and I was finding in it so that was fun.  Now there are a few flowers blooming and some buds on trees but nothing to big yet. Other than that nothing too crazy or exciting except I was able to go finding without my winter coat this week and that was awesome.  
   Both of my companions so far have been pretty talkative elders so I think the Lord is really trying to tell us something when it comes to talking.   My companion is good but we are sometimes different personalities. We are getting along good but spending 24/7 with anyone can feel like a long time. He works hard though so there really isn`t too much to complain about. But we only have 5 more weeks in the transfer so it will go pretty fast and then I am done with my training!!!! Ahhh!!!!
The cathedral in Naumburg
   I haven't been able to watch the Sunday afternoon session of General Conference yet but I have been able to listen to it because we listen to them in the mornings or at meal times. We also get the Liahona issues in English and German. The primary has about 10-12 children in the ward. Our stake from the bottom part of the stake to the top part is probably two hours by train but I am not sure--I haven't travelled it yet.
One of the towns in the Halle district
   We did have someone a month ago that was like the golden investigator with the perfect questions and everything but he had to go to Luxemburg to look for work. His wife stayed and came to church every week but she only spoke Spanish so we couldn't really talk to her.  Yesterday her husband came back but only for three days and they are moving back to Spain. He said that he reads from the Book of Mormon every day for thirty minutes because it brings him so much peace and he said that he knows where the church is where he will be staying and he is going to go with his friend. I was so happy for him and what the Book of Mormon is doing for him and his family--it is unbelievable how ready he is to receive the gospel.
 
The best snacks for long train rides are
German chocolates
 It has been a finding week this week. We went to the southern point of our area this week and visited a family and try to visit some less actives but all the less actives were moved away. We met a lady that calls herself Miss Rainbow and that was really interesting and she kept talking about her uncle that was a Mormon and lived in Salt Lake. We also talked with a lot of other people but is probably the funniest story that I have had this week. Also we met this guy that said he wasn't on our side and we asked what he meant by that and he said I am on the bad side. That was pretty funny too.  Almost all of the immigrants are from Africa but not one country specifically. There are a lot from Nigeria though but I have talked to people from Mali, Cameroon, Morocco and other places like that and it is really cool.
Two scriptures for the week:
1 Thessalonians 2:4 "But as we were allowed of God to be put in trust with the gospel, even so we speak; not as pleasing men, but God, which trieth our hearts"
"So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also."
"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. “
   These two scriptures show what a great opportunity we have to share the gospel with others in our life while we have the fulness of the gospel and are blessed with that great knowledge.
   Quote of the week
"There is no growth in the comfort zone, and no comfort in the growth zone. So get uncomfortable!!" Missionary work isn't comfortable but it helps us to grow and to progress to become more and more like God.
  
Everything is going well here in Germany and hope you have a good week this week again.
Love you and hope all goes well
Elder Fisher

No comments:

Post a Comment