Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Chocolate Factory, Missionary Teaching, and P-day activities

June 6, 2016

   We had a regional stake conference yesterday so fast and testimony meeting was a week ago, but they were both very good.

   Last p-day, we went to the outlet center for the chocolate factory, so all of the chocolate that broke in the factory or didn't look so pretty they sell there, The actually factory was about a 30 minute walk so we didn't want to walk it. This Pday we have a little bit of service projects and then baking cookies at the end of the day.

   My companion and I share the cooking, cleaning I do more of, but I look at it as a way to serve my companion and I have become a lot cleaner on the mission, and cannot put up with dirty apartments anymore.

   This week we met with our investigator 2 times, he wants to be baptized and is trying to keep the commandments that we are teaching him as well, he is really good. Yesterday we walked around in a park with an old lady who wanted to know more about us and our church, it was for about 30 minutes I think so that was pretty cool. This coming week should be pretty busy for us if all of our appointments work out and do not fall out. We hope and pray for that.

   In summer, it is sometimes hard to not think of California beaches and other fun stuff like that but we just keep moving along and staying focused.

   I am making lists of all of the commandments and things we are encouraged to do and things that we are warned not to do in the scriptures so that is very interesting to study.
Scripture for the week: Jacob 2:18 “But before ye seek for riches, seek ye for the kingdom of God."

   Quote of the week "Sometimes it is easier for us to help a stranger than to help someone who's history and character we know" (approximately) Elder Kearon

   I do not need anything else right now but I will let you know if anything comes up.

Love,

Elder Spencer Fisher

No comments:

Post a Comment