Thursday, February 12, 2015

February 11-- the countdown is 2 weeks until Germany


As we waited patiently for Elder Fisher’s e-mails, this scripture caught my attention: 

“And no one can assist in this work except he shall be humble and full of love, having faith, hope, and charity, being temperate in all things, whatsoever shall be entrusted to his care.” Doctrine & Covenants 12: 8


Today’s blog is a compilation of two e-mails received on February 11th….

Elder Fisher with his district in front of the world map.
“The weeks are going by a little bit faster and the days do not seem as long as they did a few weeks ago. I am also getting along with my companion better and I am trying to work with others in the district better as well. I didn't really have a problem before with getting along with others in the district but I get along better with the people in my district. I can't believe that I will be out a month on this Saturday (February 14th) that is just crazy for me to think about.

I have seem more people that I recognize from BYU-Idaho around the MTC recently so that is pretty exciting to. I got a letter from Sister ______ in the mail yesterday and if you could tell her that I really appreciated the letter that would be great.

Elder Fisher and Elder Larson pointing to Germany--their destination in 2 weeks
(this is one of the pictures his parents requested that he take)
I am supposed to get the district’s travel itineraries tomorrow sometime so once I get those I think that everything will start to set in about how I am going to Germany in 13 days. That is super crazy to think about. I think that everyone is excited but nervous at the same time about going to Germany in a couple weeks. I think I feel the same way, although I think I am more excited than nervous to go but they are both pretty equal.


I am trying hard to learn as much as I can while at the MTC but I am still trying to find ways so that I can have fun. For meals at the MTC there are usually baked potatoes at least 3 times a week and they are decent. I had a Shepherd’s pie and corn bread meal this week and all I was thinking is that mom makes it so much better.

There have been a lot of people at the MTC sick with colds over the last two week.  I am feeling healthy though so it is all good.

The Provo LDS temple on Sunday, February 8, 2015
LDS Temples
I am learning a lot about the scriptures and trying to relate most of the things I read to missionary work and myself. One example of this is Ether 12: 13:

"Behold, it was the faith of Alma and Amulek that caused the prison to tumble to the earth."

How that scripture relates to me is that the prison is what is holding us back from our full potential to do missionary work-things like disobedience, unhappiness, and other things. So we need stop these things and let "the Prison to tumble to the earth"
I thought that this scripture was awesome

Hope everything is going well at home and that everyone gets better.
Love,
Spencer Fisher"

For me, the scripture Elder Fisher talked about in Ether 12 Ether 12 and its companion chapter in the Bible of Hebrew 11 are the two most beautiful and inspiring chapters regarding faith--they never fail to uplift me.



No comments:

Post a Comment