Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Next to Last E-Mail

December 5, 2016

   The work goes good, we have a baptism coming up this next Sunday, so that is pretty cool. I went through the baptismal interview questions with our investigator and it was super cool to hear that someone is so prepared.

   We didn't go on companion exchanges this past week but we will be this coming week. I like learning and getting to know other missionaries on exchanges a lot, it is just a good time. My favorite meal was when we visited a family that made us mac and cheese and then some Italian dessert.

   The person who took the picture from last week was a member from Texas. He served in Germany a while ago and was here with his wife to visit and that was Elder Bullion in the picture. That picture was taken right next to our Christmas market here in Lauenburg.  We were able to visit three Christmas markets last week and that was really fun. We are visiting another one this week.

   Germans are kind of into putting up Christmas lights like Americans do but more than anything they just put things in their window sills and decorations in their house as well.

   You asked about my favorite thing about Germany--I love Germany landscape and the many colors in the sky in the fall and spring and just everything that is here.

   The German people value education a lot more than most teenagers that I grew up with. Also the people are very honest and blunt. Also they still hold to a lot of traditions and stuff like that. I really love the German people and have really enjoyed the time I was able to spend here.

   Scripture of the day: Malachi 3:10 “Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.”

   Quote of the day: "This Christmas season I invite you to seek opportunities to “Light the World.” David A. Bednar

Love you and hope you have a good week.

Love,

Elder Fisher

No comments:

Post a Comment