Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Enduring to the End, Scripture Study, and Greek Casserole

October 10, 2016

   We taught a few lessons this past week and they were all really good I think and I received a lot of good ideas for life and such things and just activities I can do with the gospel. It is an odd thing to learn I guess but it is really good to learn.

   My favorite meal this past week was a Greek casserole dish that was really really good, and I have no idea what was actually inside it either.  Today for Pday we have a Lunch appointment with a member and other than that, to get my companion a haircut. 

   I am trying not to be trunky but it can be really hard sometimes.   I have been studying just about everything, the Book of Mormon, Ensign articles, and Doctrine and Covenants with a few other things here and there at night to help strengthen me.

   Scripture of the week: Helaman5:12 “And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.

Quote of the week: "forget yourself and get to work" Gordon B. Hinkley

Love you dad, I wish you a good week and a good start to being a Bishop!

Love,

Elder Spencer Fisher

No comments:

Post a Comment