Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Discussing the Wedding, the Mini-Missionary, and Learning Something Important.

February 16, 2016

    Well, I guess that was quite the shindig! Judging from the pictures, the weather didn't damper anyone's spirits for Z & N’s wedding! It sounds like you all had quite the “to do” there in Utah and it sounds like everyone had lots of fun. I am happy that so much of the family was able to come and enjoy the wedding in some way or another. I enjoyed the pictures and I would agree with dad that J and LA had a little too much fun with the “Flat Elder Fisher” thing. haha. I must admit it hit me Friday night that my brother is getting married but when I realized he was actually married it was cool! The only thing I wished is that I could have been there but it is good, I rejoice in the fact Z & N got married in the temple. I don't really have much else to say concerning the wedding but I guess I am the next one to get married. Eh, I got time, I do not have to think about that.

Since Elder Fisher is in Germany serving a mission,
his family had a "Flat Elder Fisher" made so he could
be in the family pictures.  This is Flat Elder Fisher with his siblings
Some of the fun things the siblings did with the cutout of
"Flat Elder Fisher" (if you look closely, he's in every picture)
    The mini missionary got here last Monday and he will be leaving on Wednesday afternoon. The school here in Germany is different than America and it is hard to explain so I can do that when I get home—the mini missionary did what we would call vocational school or professional training and now he is furthering his education and his school starts again on March 1.  He is 21 years old and he is from Berlin.  He has a back problem so he did this mini mission to find out if he can even serve a full time mission and sadly the answer is that he cannot, but he isn't getting down on that because he now wants to do more with the missionaries and do more missionary work so it is pretty cool. His mini mission is like what Elder C. did before his mission for a week, it’s mostly just spend a week with the missionaries to see what it is like and try it out. 

    This week I met a person named Gregory who is from Haiti.  He’s met with the missionaries before and in the lesson we taught we asked if he would come to church this week and, when he knew that this gospel is true, if he would be baptized.  He said yes to both and he came to church and we are meeting with him on Tuesday and are planning a baptismal date with him. (mom note: if a young adult is unable to serve a full time mission, there are a lot of other missionary opportunities in the Young Church-Service Mission program.  For more information, please go to this website: Young Church Service Missionaries)

    One thing I studied this week that caught my attention is really how much the prophets of the past and present really do care and worry for EVERY PERSON ON THE WORLD!!!! I thought that was really cool--I already KNEW that I guess but this week I UNDERSTOOD that.

    Scripture of week: Matthew 16:19  "And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."

Quote of the week: "I am single ready to mingle (in a year)"

I love you and I hope that you have a great week!

Love your last single son,

Elder Fisher

Photo from Hannover and Oldenburg Zone Conference on February 10, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment