Monday, March 9, 2015

Halle--March 9, 2015

This week’s blog post contains pictures from Elder Fisher and some other information about Halle, Germany

A photo of the street in Halle where Elder Fisher's apartment is.

March 9, 2015
Halle is good. Everything here is going great and I love the people.  The language is coming pretty fast and I am enjoying every minute I am here.  My trainer has been in the field for 3 months so we are kinda learning everything together. He worked a lot at a restaurant before he left on his mission. My trainer is also a really good cook so when we are eating by ourselves, he cooks and I try to help in some ways-- like offering some chocolate I bought or something.
The kitchen in Elder Fisher & Elder Gerlach's apartment
We are supposed to speak German most of the day and I am progressing towards doing that. There is a mission rule that “you’re German except for p-day” so I have to try to speak German all day--even with my companion.  My companion and district are great and we are all getting along great, too. Being with someone 24 hours 7 days a week isn't as weird as I thought it might be. We are the only missionaries in our apartment but there are a pair of sister missionaries in Halle too.
We do not have bikes and we take the train but there is a thing we use a lot called a Straßenbahn and that is an above ground subway. It is really cool I think and very useful. I think LA could use it and it reduce the amount of cars and people driving there. We take a Straßenbahn everywhere which is an above ground subway pretty much. We also walk a lot when we are finding--like on Thursday, we spent like 6 hours finding (meeting people) on the streets so we walked a lot but we talked to a lot of people too so it was good.
We are teaching here but the white handbook says we shouldn't ask you to pray for causes here. 100% obedience, right?
Elder Fisher's p-day snacks. Mmmmmm!
The chocolate is good here but there isn't any peanut butter here. It is kinda weird not seeing peanut butter products when we do our shopping. (Mom note: the mission president sends a welcome letter to the parents and he said peanut butter is available in Germany—so maybe they need to visit a different store)
We ate at a member’s house yesterday and I ate so much it because it was so good. I ate a bunch of foods I didn't think I would like too--just so I wouldn't offend them, but some of the foods I ended up liking was this mushroom sauce with like a thousand mushrooms, rasberries with icecream, a cheesecake with a small orange in it, and some other stuff too.
My scriptures of the week are Moroni 7:47 “But charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him.   and another one is the 3 epistles of John at the end of the New Testament.”
Sounds like you are enjoying your calling and I hope that everything continues going well with that. I hope everything continues to go well at home and that you and dad are having lots of fun with all your many activities.
Love
Elder Fisher

Leipzig Zone--Germany Berlin Mission, March 2015 (photo courtesy of mission blog page)

No comments:

Post a Comment