Thursday, January 22, 2015

The MTC--week 1

January 21, 2014

We received an e-mail this week from Elder Fisher—and he sent a longer letter in the mail (and we are patiently waiting its arrival).  Missionaries only have 30 minutes to write e-mails each week so the e-mails Elder Fisher sent are short and sweet.  I combined the information into one posting:

I have been getting your Dear Elder letters and I love them.  I forgot my camera so I won't be sending pictures this week.  (Mom note here: thanks to my friend who suggested I send a Dear Elder letter before P-day with questions so I had a better chance of getting the questions answered!)

Wednesday's are my P-days and I am doing laundry right now--there are a lot of people doing laundry!

I started to love the MTC yesterday and my district as a whole is pretty awesome.  The teacher that teaches our district says that we are a very good group of elders and sisters. There are 8 elders and 2 sisters in my district and there are about 40 elders in our zone because all of the German missionaries enter at the same time. All the German speaking missionaries are paired together and all elders are paired with people going to the same mission.  We spend about nine hours a day in the classroom with the district we are assigned.  I taught an "investigator" on my third day in the MTC and it was a little rough.  My companion (Elder Larson from Provo, Utah) did most of the talking but he does most of the talking in the companionship—he’s constantly worried because I don’t say much--I don't think he has ever really been around people who are quiet.

We got a new MTC presidency this week. Elder M. Russell Ballard spoke at our devotional last night and the new presidency gave the devotional on Sunday.

I really liked the scripture dad sent from Mormon 5: 18 “ But now, behold, they are led about by Satan, even as chaff is driven before the wind, or as a vessel is tossed about upon the waves, without sail or anchor, or without anything wherewith to steer her; and even as she is, so are they. 

I found a scripture in Moroni 8: 25-26 this week, “And the first fruits of repentance is baptism; and baptism cometh by faith unto the fulfilling the commandments; and the fulfilling the commandments bringeth remission of sins; And the remission of sins bringeth meekness, and lowliness of heart; and because of meekness and lowliness of heart cometh the visitation of the Holy Ghost, which Comforter filleth with hope and perfect love, which love endureth by diligence unto prayer, until the end shall come, when all the saints shall dwell with God.”.  It talks about baptism and involves all the principles in My Purpose as a Missionary in Preach my Gospel.

Love,
Elder Fisher”

If you would like to see more about life in the MTC, please click on the video link below (watch from the laundry area--you will know what he means about a lot of people doing laundry!):

No comments:

Post a Comment